Friday, February 13, 2009

THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE.


In Central Florida, where I live, there are 3 talk radio stations. They are Clear channel and Fox affiliate. In the morning there is Glen Beck, In the Afternoon Rush, and on the drive home Sean Hannity. I enjoy talk radio when driving in my car. I am not happy that all I have to listen to is Conservative Programs. I have called to voice my opinion a few times.
Do we need to pass a law (the Fairness Doctrine) to get the Liberal side of politics today.
I feel that would be Government interference in the Free Speech area of talk radio.
I am against the Fairness Doctrine because that would create a Police Force to watch what is said on the Radio Waves.

I not happy that these stations do not have liberal commentators. I have called them to ask for Liberal Commentators be included in their programming. We who are more to the left should contact these stations and urge them to include Liberal commentators. If we all do this then the stations might listen.
Cable News, on Television, at least has 2 stations that are Left or Right. There is Fox News that is skewed to the right wing conservative and there is M.S.N.B.C. which is skewed to the right wing liberals. I would like to see this happen on in Radio News Stations. Contact the stations and call for Liberal Commentators, Air America failed because it had to start its own station.
Bringing a Government Police Force, to regulate what can be said, is not the answer.
the Radio waves are not the property of the citizens the Air is. Radio waves are created by the broadcast towers of Radio stations at great expense.

I would only ask the Conservative commentators to not bully people who call in and let them finish their thought before hanging up on them.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a liberal. At least you admit it.
    Good for you. the Fairness Doctrine would only put you liberal on the air. You control the news media already
    The Rep.
    nice site too bad you cannot embrace Conserative value.

    ReplyDelete